Membership is open to any person or body interested in all aspects of Derbyshire’s History and Heritage.
All are welcome and as an individual member you can explore and learn about the county’s history and archaeology through:
- a winter programme of talks and lectures;
- summer programme of visits to historical places of interest in Derbyshire and further afield;
- Derbyshire Archaeological Journal published annually;
- Derbyshire Miscellany magazine published twice a year;
- access to borrowing books from the Society’s library;
- participating in fieldwork and conservation activities organised by the Society;
- the six monthly Newsletter;
- an opportunity to apply for a grant to fund expenses associated with your own research projects.
- The annual subscription is £28.00, and covers one or more members of a household permanently residing at the same address for a calendar year.
- New members joining after September will receive membership to the end of the following year (with the Journal for that year, but not for the year in which they join)
- Anybody in full time education can apply to become a student member at the reduced annual fee of £14.
- The annual subscription for Libraries, societies and other bodies (Institutional members) is: UK: £28; Overseas: £35.
- Institution members will normally only receive the Journal. Newsletters may be provided on request but there may be an additional postal charge.
- Institutions may subscribe to Derbyshire Miscellany for £8 per annum (Overseas £12).
- Our income increases by almost £7 per subscription if members Gift Aid their subscription.
- If you are a UK tax payer please Gift Aid your subscription by filling in and returning the appropriate part of the membership form.
To become a member fill in the form (obtained by clicking Membership Form above) and send it to the Membership Secretary along with the above fees or a completed Bankers Order. It improves the efficiency of the Society if members pay by Bankers (standing) order. You can also join online via Eventbrite while booking for one of our events, but please note this incurs an additional processing fee.
Full details can be obtained from the Membership Secretary, Mr. K. Reedman, 107 Curzon Street, Long Eaton, Derbyshire NG10 4FH. or see Contact Us to submit a membership enquiry.