As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis we were unable to offer our usual summer programme of outings in 2020. We hope to be able to offer a small number of outdoor events for members later in Summer 2021 but nothing is fixed as yet.
The 2019 Summer Programme included the following events:
- A visit to the Ticknall excavations;
- A visit to Bradgate Park;
- The day conference hosted by the Little Eaton Local History Society;
- A visit to Tattershall Castle;
- A visit to the church at Breedon on the Hill and Stoneywell Cottage;
- A visit to Tutbury church;
- A visit to All Saints church, Mickleover;
- A tour of Castleton and its early medieval settlement;
- A visit to Hartlebury Castle;
- A visit to the Bolton Steam Museum and Helmshore Mills Textile Museum;
- A walk – Early railways around Hartshay and Morley Park; and
- A boat trip on the Chesterfield Canal.