As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis it is uncertain whether the DAS will be able to offer a full summer programme this year. The events calendar includes a number of visits that are planned, but we will not be publishing details or taking bookings until it is confirmed that they can take place.
The 2019 Summer Programme included the following events:
- A visit to the Ticknall excavations;
- A visit to Bradgate Park;
- The day conference hosted by the Little Eaton Local History Society;
- A visit to Tattershall Castle;
- A visit to the church at Breedon on the Hill and Stoneywell Cottage;
- A visit to Tutbury church;
- A visit to All Saints church, Mickleover;
- A tour of Castleton and its early medieval settlement;
- A visit to Hartlebury Castle;
- A visit to the Bolton Steam Museum and Helmshore Mills Textile Museum;
- A walk – Early railways around Hartshay and Morley Park; and
- A boat trip on the Chesterfield Canal.